The Chi Machine* is a product that blends the ancients arts with modern technology for a unique and therapeutic experience.
It was developed by inventor, Dr. Shizuo Inoue after 38 yrs of dedicated research. For more information – See his book called Aerobic Respiration Exercise & Health.
Facts about the Chi Machine from Sun Ancon:
- been around since 1990, with over 5 million sold worldwide.
- is registered as an Oxygen Exerciser, and is considered a passive aerobic exercise machine. In other words it’s an whole body exerciser without any side effects!
- is a Therapeutic Massager that helps virtually anyone relax muscles with little or no conscious effort. Simply lay on your back with both feet in the specially designed footrest. The Chi machine rocks the entire body from side to side in a gentle rocking motion.
- has shown to help relaxation throughout your legs, torso and upward throughout your entire body.
- not recommended for use: during pregnancy, within three months of having major surgery or bone fracture, if suffering from serious heart disease, or a serious infection, if suffering from any bleeding injury, if suffering from epilepsy. Also should not be used within 30 mins of eating a meal.
- has shown most benefit if you relax and breathe deeply while using, AND remain lying down for another 2 – 5 minutes after time is up.
Benefits and FAQS
What is the Chi Machine? It’s a therapeutic whole body massager and aerobic exerciser that oxygenates, tones, and strengthens the body.
What are benefits of using the Chi machine? It has similar benefits of a hands-on massage, such as increasing local circulation, providing relief from minor muscle aches, pain, and tension caused by fatigue or overexertion. Other benefits it has shown are relaxation, feeling of energy, aliveness and well-being, detoxifies and stimulates lymphatic system drainage, exercises and balances the spine.
Will the Chi machine help me lose weight? Yes – The company (Sun Ancon) claims that the machine aids in weight loss because it increases metabolism. It states that using the machine for 15 mins is the same as taking a brisk walk for an hour and a half or taking 10,000 steps. The company also states that the most important factor in weight loss is the acidity in foods, and that oxygenation helps decrease the acid from food and helps you lose weight.
Will the Chi machine help my back pain? The Sun Ancon website claims that using its machine will alleviate back pain & improve spinal alignment because vibrating the spine relieve pressure and reduces misalignment. Repetitive massaging adjusts and balances the spine.
How does the Chi machine work? You lay face-up on the floor with both feet placed in the specially designed footrest. The device rocks the entire body in a gentle undulating motion. The rhythmic movement of the Chi Machine allows your body to relax, which opens up your bronchioles allowing your lungs to breathe more deeply. The movement also helps promote movement of the lymphatic system, which is a important part of the body’s immune system. The lymphatic system helps rid the body of toxins, waste & other unwanted materials.
How to use the machine? Drink a small glass of water before using the Chi machine.
Center your body with the arrow, lie down & position your feet in the cradle, so your ankles are 1-2 inches over the edge of the cradle.
You may want to wear heavy socks if you have sensitive ankles. If you have lower back or knee pain – put a pillow under your knees for extra support. Turn the timer on to activate the machine – first time users should NOT do more than 2-3 mins.
Work up to 5-min increments – twice a day.
Breathe deeply and evenly during the movement. Breathe in to the count of 7, hold to the count of 4, and exhale from your abdomen to the count of 8. The time doesn’t matter as much as the rhythm of your breathing.
When machine stops, remain lying on the floor for 2-3 mins before getting up. Enjoy the ‘Chi Rush’. This is where your body benefits from the internal organ massage.
Drink a 4 -6 ounce glass of water. The Chi Machine is a great tool for detoxification, just like a massage.
Enjoy your first session, free at Green Rose Health. Remember just 15 minutes on the Chi machine is equivalent to a brisk 90 minute walk! Call to schedule your first free session – future sessions are $1.00/minute – minimum $10.00.
See the Resource page for more information or to order your very own Chi machine to use at home !
*note: These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.